- Type: Red
- Country: Spain
- Region: Rioja
- Vintage: 2012
- Producer: Rolland & Galarreta
- Primary grape: Tempranillo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £37.68
- Code: 37557
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This cracking red Wine created by Rolland & Galarreta is made in the Rioja Alvesa area of Rioja. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Araex. Esencia Rioja Alavesa, Rolland & Galarreta is a delighful wine, made from Tempranillo grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Mature, full-bodied Rioja is superb with roast or grilled lamb and beef, as well as autumnal dishes based around mushrooms or flavoursome wild game.
The grape behind Rioja and widely planted in Spain in general. Tempranillo lends itself to significant oak ageing, it tastes of ripe
strawberry, autumnal, baked, berry fruit with sweet Christmas spices.
- Sweet Tobacco
Rolland & Galarreta, a partnership between the renowned winemaker Michel Rolland and Spanish winegrower Javier Galarreta. Making; Rueda: aromatic, full-bodied, soft white wines; made from 100% old vine Verdejo, crafted in French oak barrels where it’s fermented and aged on the lees for a short period. Ribera del Duero: mainly Tempranillo goes into this wine with some Merlot. Rioja Alavesa: made from 100% old vine Tempranillo from the cool highlands of Alava and just the right level of oak.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain