- Type: Red
- Country: Chile
- Region: Aconcagua Valley
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Errázuriz
- Primary grape: Carmenère
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.62
- Code: 12108
- SILVER (2017) Decanter World Wine Awards 2018
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Errázuriz in Aconcagua Valley. Carmenère matches well with lightly-spiced, savoury, meat dishes particularly those with Mediterranean herbs. Formed from primarily Carmenère grapes, this wine is ethically produced, vegan and vegetarian friendly. Supplied by Hatch Mansfield.
Carmenere wine has a deep red color and aromas found in red fruits, spices and berries. The tannins are gentler and softer than those in Cabernet Sauvignon and it is a medium body wine.
- Bell Pepper
- Black Plum
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile