- Type: Red
- Country: Spain
- Region: Castilla y Leon
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: El Pugil
- Primary grape: Tempranillo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £7.71
- Code: 39688
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This fabulous red Wine produced by El Pugil is crafted in the Toro area of Castilla y Leon. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Felix Solis. El Pugil Barrel Aged Tinta de Toro Roble is an interesting wine, made from Tempranillo grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is now available to order via MC Live. Fresh, savoury, berry-fruit flavours that are excellent with light game, rich chicken and pork dishes.
The grape behind Rioja and widely planted in Spain in general. Tempranillo lends itself to significant oak ageing, it tastes of ripe
strawberry, autumnal, baked, berry fruit with sweet Christmas spices.
- Sweet Tobacco
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain