- Type: Red
- Country: Romania
- Region: Romania
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Daciana
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £6.17
- Code: 29006
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Daciana in Banat. Elegant, savoury, berry-fruit flavours that are excellent with game, wild mushrooms and rich chicken and beef dishes. Formed from primarily Pinot Noir grapes, this wine is vegetarian and vegan friendly. You shouldn't find this wine anywhere else, it is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Copestick Murray.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
Wine has been produced in Romania for at least 4,000 years and is now gaining in popularity. With a good climate and soils and great knowledge, it is definitely one to keep an eye on.Explore Romania