- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Vintage: 2011/2012
- Producer: Fantinel
- Primary grape: Merlot
- Secondary grape: Cabernet Franc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £20.00
- Code: 34113
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This super red Wine produced by Fantinel is crafted in Friuli-Venezia Giulia. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Fantinel. Collio Rosso, Venko, Tenuta Sant’ Helena, Fantinel is a delighful wine, made with Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Pinot Noir grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. Rich and full-bodied partner for steak or rich lamb and beef dishes.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
It is principally grown for blending with Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot in the Bordeaux style. Depending on the region, additional aromas include tobacco, raspberry, bell pepper, cassis and violets.
- Bell Pepper
- Chili Pepper
- Crushed Gravel
Fantinel, based in Spilimbergo in the heart of the Friuli region. A family owned winery established in 1969 by Mario ‘Paron’ Fantinel. Guided by the family’s third generation, represented by Marco and Stefano who manage 300 hectares within the two DOC regions of Grave del Friuli and Collio. A green approach has always been important; installation of a photovoltaic system in 2010 is an example. Their commitment towards sustainability has been a cornerstone of their viticulture since 2001.
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy