- Type: Red
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Chimney Rock
- Primary grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Secondary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £83.12
- Code: 27479
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This delightful red Wine created by Chimney Rock originates from the Stags Leap District area of California. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Terlato Wines International. Chimney Rock Cabernet Sauvignon, Stags Leap District, Napa Valley is a flavourful wine, made with Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. A great choice for rich beef dishes, especially steak.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
A full bodied and powerful grape variety with a lot of tannin. It ages very well and like Merlot is bottled as a single varietal or used to give blended wines ‘backbone’ structure and longevity. Classic flavour characteristics include blackcurrant, black cherry, green pepper, chocolate and cedar wood.
- Black Cherry
- Black Currant
- Green Peppercorn
Due to an extended, cooler growing season in 2019, grapes ripened with lower levels of sugar and a higher than average yield. The wines are full flavoured with fresh acidity and superb balance. The USA should not be overlooked for only producing full-bodied, powerful wines - there is so much more to discover beyond the stereotype.Explore USA