- Type: Red
- Country: Lebanon
- Region: Bekaa Valley
- Vintage: 2015
- Producer: Chateau Musar
- Primary grape: Merlot
- Secondary grape: Grenache/Garnacha
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £31.17
- Code: 34581
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This wonderful red Wine from Chateau Musar is crafted in the Bekaa Valley. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Chateau Musar Uk. Chateau Musar Red is an inviting wine, made with Merlot, Grenache/Garnacha and Carignan grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. A great choice for rich beef dishes, especially steak.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
Gray-NAHSH / Ga'rr-NAH-cha
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
Chateau Musar red wines are a varying blend of old vine, low yielding Cabernet Sauvignon, Cinsault and Carignan, approximately a third of each. Fermentation is in concrete, then the wine spends a year in vat (each variety is kept separate), then a year or so in French Nevers oak. It is blended in the third year, put back into vat and bottled at the end of the third year and cellared for up to six or seven years before release. There is no fining, minimum filtration and sulphites are kept low.
Lebanon’s history of vine growing dates back over 6,000 years and is centred on the Bekaa Valley, found inland from Beirut, between two mountain ranges which run parallel to the Mediterranean coast.Explore Lebanon