- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Bordeaux
- Vintage: 2014
- Producer: Château Lamothe-Cissac
- Primary grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Secondary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £22.99
- Code: 11224
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This wonderful red Wine from Château Lamothe-Cissac originates from the Haut-Médoc area of Bordeaux. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Chateau Lamothe. Château Lamothe-Cissac Cuvée Vieilles Vignes, Haut-Médoc is a mouth-watering wine, made with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is made with added suplhites but is good for vegetarian drinkers. Cabernet-dominated claret, an elegant partner for grilled beef, roast lamb, and game.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
A full bodied and powerful grape variety with a lot of tannin. It ages very well and like Merlot is bottled as a single varietal or used to give blended wines ‘backbone’ structure and longevity. Classic flavour characteristics include blackcurrant, black cherry, green pepper, chocolate and cedar wood.
- Black Cherry
- Black Currant
- Green Peppercorn
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France