- Type: Red
- Country: New Zealand
- Region: Central Otago
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Ceres
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £21.11
- Code: 28360
- 2017, Commended Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
- 2017, Silver Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
- 2017, Bronze International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This enjoyable red Wine produced by Ceres originates from Central Otago. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Ceres Wines Ltd. Ceres Composition Pinot Noir, Central Otago is a delighful wine, made from Pinot Noir grapes. This screwcap wine is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Elegant, savoury, berry-fruit flavours that are excellent with game, wild mushrooms and rich chicken and beef dishes.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
Ceres Wines ( Ceres, the Roman goddess of agriculture) is a tiny artisan producer from Bannockburn in Central Otago. Owned by James and Matt Dicey and father Robin, only about 250 cases of Pinot Noir is produced annually. In 2013, their Composition Pinot Noir 2010 won the coveted International Wine and Spirit Competition Bouchard Finlayson trophy for Pinot Noir. The trophy is awarded to the top Pinot Noir from entries received from around the globe.
Heralded as one of the best vintages of the decade, some might even say ever, 2019 has proved an excellent year for New Zealand winemakers. With optimum weather throughout the year, the wines have great fruit expression, balanced acidity, length and intensity.Explore New Zealand