- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Languedoc-Roussillon
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Domaine Lafage
- Primary grape: Grenache/Garnacha
- Secondary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.78
- Code: 34768
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This enjoyable red Wine produced by Domaine Lafage originates from the Côtes du Roussillon area of Languedoc-Roussillon. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Maison Lafage. Côtes du Roussillon Rouge, Bastide Sobirana Lieu dit La Colomine, Domaine Lafage is a delicious wine, made with Grenache/Garnacha, Shiraz/Syrah and Carignan grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Refreshing red, a flexible choice to partner with a range of dishes from simple chicken to spicy lamb or beef.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Gray-NAHSH / Ga'rr-NAH-cha
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France