- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Rhône Valley
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Ogier
- Primary grape: Grenache/Garnacha
- Secondary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.38
- Code: 27187
- 2017, Commended Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This fabulous red Wine created by Ogier is made in the Côtes du Rhône area of the Rhône Valley. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Advini. Côtes du Rhône-Villages, Auguste Bessac Plan de Dieu, Ogier is an inviting wine, made with Grenache/Garnacha and Shiraz/Syrah grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Ripe blackberry fruit and a touch of spice; perfect for warming lamb, beef or mushroom dishes. This wine is part of our core range.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Gray-NAHSH / Ga'rr-NAH-cha
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
Winemaker, Edouard Guerin, a local, is responsible for wines and vineyards. He pursues a house style based upon ‘purity of fruit, freshness and depth’, whilst strengthening Ogier’s ties with its grape-growing partners and developing a maturation plan. The cellars are extensive, with three artesian wells, hewn out of red sandstone.. In 2006, Ogier embraced sustainability as part of their philosophy and have started to convert all of their vineyards to organic cultivation.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France