- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Languedoc-Roussillon
- Vintage: 2014/2015
- Producer: Abbotts & Delaunay
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £23.46
- Code: 32866
- 2017, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This lovely red Wine created by Abbotts & Delaunay is made in the Pays d'Oc area of Languedoc-Roussillon. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Abbotts & Delaunay. Abbotts & Delaunay Solaire Pinot Noir, Domaine de la Métairie d’Alon, Pays d'Oc is an inviting wine, made from Pinot Noir grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Elegant, savoury, berry-fruit flavours that are excellent with game, wild mushrooms, rich chicken and beef dishes.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
Abbotts & Delaunay, a result of two passionate winemakers Nerida Abbott and Laurent Delaunay and their shared drive to realise the potential of Languedoc-Roussillon region, producing great wines from its diverse range of terroirs. Laurent knows the region’s terroirs like the back of his hand, having travelled extensively in search of small plots of old vines growing at high altitudes, inspiring him to name some of his wines after clouds and winds.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France