- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Languedoc-Roussillon
- Vintage: 2013/2016
- Producer: Abbotts & Delaunay
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Secondary grape: Grenache/Garnacha
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £20.75
- Code: 31833
- 2016, Silver Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
- 2015, Bronze International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This super red Wine produced by Abbotts & Delaunay is crafted in the Faugères area of Languedoc-Roussillon. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Abbotts & Delaunay. Abbotts & Delaunay, Boréas, Faugères is a delighful wine, made with Grenache/Garnacha and Carignan grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Juicy, ripe and rich, perfect with spicy lamb, rich venison or opulently flavoured beef dishes.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Gray-NAHSH / Ga'rr-NAH-cha
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
Abbotts & Delaunay, a result of two passionate winemakers Nerida Abbott and Laurent Delaunay and their shared drive to realise the potential of Languedoc-Roussillon region, producing great wines from its diverse range of terroirs. Laurent knows the region’s terroirs like the back of his hand, having travelled extensively in search of small plots of old vines growing at high altitudes, inspiring him to name some of his wines after clouds and winds.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France