- Type: Champagne White NV
- Country: France
- Region: Champagne
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Alexandre Bonnet
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Screwcap: Cork with Cap
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £46.45
- Code: 39490
- Abv: 12.5%
- Organic Certified
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Champagne
This excellent white non-vintage Champagne from Alexandre Bonnet originates from France's Champagne region. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Maison Alexandre Bonnet. Alexandre Bonnet Expression Organic is a delicious wine, made from Pinot Noir grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is crafted using organic practices and made to be suitable for vegan consumers. Champagne Alexandre Bonnet, based in Les Riceys, has built up an amazing domaine of 47 hectares which is partly organic. The terroir’s rich history and microclimate are so unique that a specific AOC has been set up. Its unique Kimmeridgian clay-limestone soils are particularly favourable to Pinot Noir.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
Champagne Alexandre Bonnet has built up during many decades an amazing domaine of 45 hectares in Les Riceys where Pinot Noir thrives. The terroir’s rich history and microclimate are so unique that a specific AOC has been set up. Its unique Kimmeridgian clay-limestone soils are particularly favourable to Pinot Noir. Vineyards are planted to blend in to the local scenery by alternating vines and woodland, through partial grass cover and by planting hazel and rose trees.
An area to the east of Paris famed for its sparkling wines made from Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier. As many as 50 wines made from different grapes are used to construct a single wine.Explore France